Learn Project Finance and Project Finance Modeling the easy way and make Feasibility Studies
That is right!
Your favorite energy technology selection and business development consultant is now offering one-on-one iternet-based course on project finance and project finance modeling in order to make excellent feasibility studies for your own projects or clients if you are a consultant.
Just email Marcial Ocampo, your energy expert, to guide you to a step-by-step one-on-one modeling of any business concept, define the data and information requirements, go over the power plant technology or process technology, represent it in mathematical form, conduct market study to establish demand, perform projections on supply and demand, prepare the material and energy balances, prepare the income and expense statement, loan amortization table, depreciation table, interest during construction table, all-in project cost (land, FOB, freight, insurance, VAT, customs duty, local transport, installation, contingency, project development cost, working capital and interest during construction), cash flow statement, project IRR, project payback, equity IRR, equity payback, dividends (free cash) flow, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
Learn how to graph the results to show gross margin, income after tax, cash flow for debt service, debt service and dividends.
Finally, learn how to prepare the Feasibility Study Report with a sample table of contents and executive summary.
Then you are now ready to do your own consultancy in any business field – manufacturing, oil refining, coal mining and power generation and distribution.
Learn from the expert and collaborate with the expert if you encounter difficulties. Get the best and complete assistance.
MARCIAL T. OCAMPO
President, Winning Edge Lending Corporation
Room 308, 3/F, Verde Oro Building
#535 Commonwealth Avenue, Barangay Old Balara
Energy Technology & Business Development Consultant
7 Mercury Avenue, Maries Village, Barangay Pasong Tamo
Tandang Sora, Quezon City 1107
Res: 63-2-931-3713 Office: 63-2-932-5530 (tel/fax)
Cel: 63-915-606-7949; 63-922-866-9598
In addition, the CONSULTANT has extensive work experience in the field of energy, petroleum, oil and gas, and power generation:
- Lecturer, World Energy and Resources, UP College of Engineering
- Section Head, Transport, Building & Machineries, Energy Conservation Division, Bureau of Energy Utilization, Ministry of Energy
- Computer Systems Group Head, Petron Bataan Refinery
- Coordinator, Market Planning & Distribution Department, Petron Corporation
- EDP and Budget Manager, Petronas Energy Philippines, Inc.
- Executive Director, Philippine Council for Industry & Energy Research & Development, Department of Science & Technology
- Senior Manager, Technical Services, First Gen Corporation and First Gas Corporation that owns and operates the 1000 MW Sta. Rita Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) and 500 MW San Lorenzo CCGT
Projects and Experience:
- Provided technical inputs and assisted in the development of project finance models for valuation and bid preparation for the 600 MW Masinloc Coal-Fired Thermal Power Plant, 600 MW Calaca Coal-Fired Thermal Plant, 112 MW Pantabangan & Masiway Hydro Power Plant, 175 MW Ambuklao & Binga Hydro Power Plants, 850 MW Sucat Oil Thermal Power Plant, 442.8 MW Makban Geothermal Power Plant and 15.73 MW Ormat Cycle Geothermal Power Plant, and 332.69 MW Tiwi Geothermal Power Plant (First Gen Corporation).
- Prepared project finance models and pre-feasibility studies for 650 kW Kalayaan Twin Falls Mini-Hydro Power Plant in Caliraya, Laguna and 1,500 kW Cawayan Mini-Hydro Power Plant in Mapinit, Sorsogon. (Harty Inc. Philippines)
- Prepared project finance models for natural gas pipeline (converted black oil pipeline and brand new natural gas pipeline) and 500 MW CCGT anchor load. (First Gen Corporation)
- Prepared TransCo Power Bill calculation model and Transmission Line Loss calculation model for use in determining wheeling tariff and transmission line losses as part of power plant modeling to determine delivered cost of power.
- Prepared project finance model for a 4 x 40 MW Coal-Fired Atmospheric Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) Power Plant for Batangas Electric Cooperative II (Batelec II) to supply BAMI (Batangas Association of Manufacturers, Inc.) and other industrial loads in Batangas. (E-Power)
- Prepared feasibility study and project finance model for 30, 50 and 100 MW Lignite Coal-Fired Atmospheric CFB Power Plant at Cauayan, Isabela for PNOC EC
- Prepared feasibility study and project finance model for 250 and 500 MW Greenfield Natural Gas-Fired Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) Power Plant at Cavite, Laguna or Batangas province for PNOC-EC.
- Prepared for client a project finance model for natural gas-fired combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) and simple cycle gas turbine (SCGT) for instructional purposes in a leading university in Nigeria, Africa. (paid via bank telegraphic transfer)
- Prepared for a client a project finance model for a pipeline gas-fired CCGT for valuation and asset purchase of excess CCGT plant given a 15-year forecast of electricity tariff and fuels (natural gas, gas oil) in the NYMEX.
- Prepared for a client a project finance model for renewable energy (solar PV) for use by a client developing a system for storing off-peak solar energy into hydrogen fuel (electrolysis of water into hydrogen and oxygen gases) and using fuel cells running on hydrogen to generate power during peak hours.
- Prepared for a client a project finance model for renewable energy (biomass direct combustion) for use by a client for generating power from biomass fuels (coconut husks, shell, sugarcane bagasse, woodwastes).
- Prepared a series of project finance models for renewable energy (mini-hydro, wind, solar, biomass) for incorporation in a unified business plan for a renewable energy company wishing to expand and attract equity investors. The consolidated business plan included energy efficiency contracting (ESCO) and project development activities. The output document was a consolidated income statement, balance sheet and statement of cashflows, all leading to the determination of project IRR and project payback as well as equity IRR and equity payback.
- Ongoing biofuels (biodiesel and bioethanol) study for a Japanese client.
- Ongoing feed-in tariff (FiT) calculation procedure model development for the National Renewable Energy Board (NREB) for submission to the DOE and approval by the ERC. The FiT is the guaranteed tariff to be paid to renewable energy power developers (biomass, mini-hydro, wind, solar PV, ocean energy) for a minimum period of 15 years to allow said developer to recover its cost of capital, generation cost and reasonable profit. In general, the FiT is much higher than the average national grid tariff of NPC (average of cheap hydro, coal, geothermal and expensive natural gas, oil).
- Ongoing contract negotiation for Waste-to-Energy Project (Municipal Solid Waste or MSW to Diesel Fuel) for the Local Government Units (LGUs) of the provinces of Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija and possibly Metro Manila in order that said LGUs are compliant with the requirements of the Solid Waste Management Act by acting as Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) and disposing of the residue in Sanitary Landfill after production of biomass-based diesel fuel.
- Ongoing contract negotiation for preparing a financial model for bidding for Independent Power Producer Administration (IPPA) contract of a combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) facility in the Island of Luzon, Philippines.
- Ongoing contract negotiation for preparing a feasibility study and project finance model for a 100-250 mw coal fired circulating fluidized bed (CFB) power plant in the Island of Mindanao, Philippines.
6 Responses to “Learn Project Finance and Project Finance Modeling the easy way and make Feasibility Studies”
Leave a Reply